Monthly Archives: December 2011

Evidence of my individual role

Standard

During the filming:

  1. I brought all the costumes (not including the wig) which consisted of a grey shirt, chinos, a satin skirt, black tank top, fur gilet, baggy purple top, black and white striped strapless top and a handbag.
  2. I created the storyboard after discussing the idea with the rest of the group.
  3. I picked up all the equipment and brought it to college that day as well as signing for the camera as I am over 18.
  4. I managed communication between everyone, including the actors getting on set on time and telling the group where to meet.
  5. I set up the camera with sammie and mat.
  6. I filmed all the scenes at college, walking down by the green, walking down the highstreet and crossing both zebracrossings and chess did some filming of mat at the end of the high street.
  7. I arranged the people in their positions for stop motion figures including the ones I was in. And I helped film the stop motion figures I wasn’t seen in as well as filming mats stop motion figure portrayal on the high street.
  8. I told and showed the first couple and the couple I was in the positioning they needed to maintain during the shoot as well as creating the actions they had to do in order to get the right looking action scenes for the filming.
  9. I returned the camera and equipment to alan at the end of the day and have been in charge of keeping the tape since.

Post Production:

  1. I was in control of the mac for editing all of the rough edit and helped send the footage along with sammie and chess.
  2. I created all the multi and dual screens during editing.
  3. I have been in control of doing a great deal of the editing as nearly every lesson I have been at the computer.
  4. I have made executive decisions with sammie when the other half of the team weren’t able to make editing sessions and we have discussed it with them later at the next session they attended.
Advertisements

Production update & personal target

Standard

Due to the fact we were ahead with the rough edit we have decided to majorly focus on the re-editing of footage we have already got. As we have had more time to contemplate our idea than other groups we have been lucky enough to have evolved it sufficiently to our preferences, this includes putting new footage into the video which we previously overlooked in our hurry to meet our deadline.

Thursday 8th of December – we will have put everything in the correct sequence by the end of the lesson and have a clear view on which effects we are going to use.

Friday 9th of December – we will use the effects we decided on previously and place them in the video.

Monday 12th of December – we will review the final video and discuss any appropriate changes we may wish to make as well as inserting the typography we have decided on.

 

My personal target is that we manage to evolve a very professional, create and original video that we can all be proud of making. I also of course hope we create a suitable video for our target audience.

Feedback On The Rough Edit

Standard

In class the other day whilst up in the editing studio on the tenth floor we showed our rough edit of Citizens-True Romance to the class. This was a very important exercise as it allowed us to gain feedback from the people we would hypothetically be targeting. However when looking at the points made it is important to keep in mind that not all of the students watching the video conform to our target audience but the points they made are still very valid as they are familiar with camerawork, lighting, costume and editing.

Positives:

  • handheld
  • stop motion figures
  • good ideas behind the video
  • for the time we had was a good achievement

Negatives:

  • a large majority of it was the protagonist walking
  • although the idea was good the execution was lacking
  • less cutaways than other people
  • one girl didn’t understand the narrative and said it was unstructured

How are we going to change this?

Before the showing of our rough edit we were well aware that there wasn’t enough ‘action’ so to speak of in the music video and were even advised to put in more footage of the couples. When watching it back ourselves we agreed there was too much walking and that we were missing out on some of the great shots we have acquired through filming.

I believe the execution of our idea was mainly lacking due to the fact there wasn’t enough footage of the couples in the video which we are sorting out much more. There are much more cutaways than in other peoples videos however due to making it originally for a possible client we made sure we didn’t use people pretending to be the band as we thought in the pitch this could disadvantage us in the long run. This is also one of the aspects I am most fond with as I believe it reflects the Indie genre rather well overall. In many Indie music videos there is only a strong narrative and often the band members are involved in it.